How does it feel when you need to print something important, and an error code pops up. Yes it’s very frustrating! This B200 error is one of the most feared Canon printer errors but you need not to junk your printer immediately. Printers are expensive and there are few methods by which you can fix the error.
What causes the Canon B200 Error
The B200 error, is a potentially catastrophic error that indicates a faulty print head. So what’s a print head? It is a part that distributes the ink from the cartridges onto the paper, and one of the most important aspects of the entire printer.
How to Fix the Canon B200 Error
In order to fix the Canon B200 error go through the following solutions:
1. Remove old ink. Remove all ink cartridges and re-install new ones.
2. Clean the printer head. Remove Print Head and on the print head itself clean all of the gold contacts present there. Note: While re installing the print head make sure that the ribbon cable connector is firmly plugged in to the print head (applicable to older models).
3. After taking the print head out clean it by flushing all ink out under the hot water tap. Watch this video for more help – Print head Cleaning
4. Re-install the printer drivers. The B200 error code can also be caused in some cases by a corrupted Driver so try to reload the printers drivers.
5. Reset the printer. Try turning the printer off and unplugging it at the wall for a minimum of 2 hours. Sometimes this also work.
6. If all else fails then please follow the instructions on this video.
7. Purchase a new Print Head from canon and install it yourself. (this is not recommended because a new Print Head costs the same as a new printer).